21 juli 2014

Ribs and curls of Calatrava





Although I'm a sensational architecture spotter, I've never visited the only building of Calatrava in Belgium. I always see this building in pictures of others. It looks like it was just a building where he just wields his style. So I was actually never interested in it.

But after all, I always aimed the specific style of Calatrava, those white ribs that make a roof. I decided to give it a shot and took my camera with me. When I arrived and saw the station from far, I still wasn't impressed.

But after wandering for half an hour, the details began to penetrate through my eyes. Although, I still didn’t like the typical train station hall, the function and circulation was the same as any other station. But those details were to die for! The curves and curls were that sensational where I always look for in architecture. Not to forget to mention that the white steal floats together with the white concrete. And after all, I have to admit: visiting the building was sensational enough for me.


1 opmerking:

inkarlcerating zei

i wana go to belgium!!!!