14 juli 2014

DIY: Concrete candleholder





I decided this week to make an end of a long search for the perfect candleholder. I didn't find any concrete one that had enough body. So I started to think how I could make it by myself on an easy way. After a lot of trying, I decided to share it with you. It's actually very easy and very fast.

I only show you a few ones, but there are thousand of options. You can for example put a few candles in one body, making them high or just very low, scrubbing the upside to make it as smooth as the sides, ... The only thing I know for sure is that they look better if you put a few of them together.

1. Cut a bottle, from which you like the bottom part (I took 2l bottles for small candles and 0.5l bottles for big candles).
2. Mix cement, white sand and water in a bucket to make the concrete. (I didn't use any proportions, just follow your instinct or ask your dad)
3. Fill the bottle with the concrete. You can play with the height of the candleholder by adding less or more concrete.
4. Put something as thick as the candle in the concrete. Don't forget to tape it, otherwise it won't be easy to take it out.
5. Let it dry for at least 24 hours. When you want to take it out, check if it's really dry.
6. Cut the bottle and take out the shape of the candle. Now you're finished!

Geen opmerkingen: